Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week 4

Next week we are taking a trip to Baltimore, Maryland to visit a design firm by the name of GCF. One of Mr. Julien's old professors from graduate school is an art director there and he wants us to see a real design firm and how they work. He told us to ask a ton of questions and take in as much as we can.

This week on Thursday Joyce will be coming around to look at our work on screen. After that during Week 6 she will be coming back to look at print outs (comps of all pages). We NEED to condition our minds and tell ourselves: This is due week 7! Julien says that so that we can use Week 8 as time to put in our final little changes before it's due.

During the weekend I further developed my layouts. I totally gave the Publisher's Letter & Welcome page a whole new look. I did a good amount of image and type overlapping in my designs to give it a bit of an edge. Here are some screen shots:











No comments: