Thursday, July 26, 2007

Working on first set of comps

Joyce is coming in to look at our progress on Thursday of next week (week 4). Julien and her both agreed that by then we will have comps for:

1) 4 Page feature - featuring 5 pictures total- 2 food shots, 1 picture recipe, chief picture, restaurant shot (4 pages)

2) Table of Contents (1 page)

3) Publishers Letter (1 page)

4) Michael's Letter (1 page)

Mr. Julien suggested that we scan in the advertisements that were in last years magazine and put them in our comps to see how our designs will flow with real advertisements. We are taking a field trip to a design firm on Tuesday (week 5) to see how they work. That should be interesting. I always like taking design firm tours because it lets me see places that I will possibly be working at once I get out of school.

Below are where my comps are right now. I plan on developing some of them and starting all over on a few of them this weekend. Enjoy!











1 comment:

tonyjulien said...

Chris I like what I seeing thus far. I would be careful with the blue color. Generally, they don't use a lot of blue in food. I will try to get a little more space in the layout. The design is good and tight. I have a feeling he might like a little more space. I like the pace your are moving at.